How does retirement coaching work?
Today, if you are about to retire you will undoubtedly be healthier, fitter, more active, more aware and better educated than previous generations of retirees. Your greater life expectancy of a further 25-30 + years offers huge opportunities and challenges.
Retirement is a major transition. It is a life change in every aspect, rather like a career change. It needs self-analysis, planning and consultation.
Christina uses a tried and tested process which will guide you through the transition into your new career — your retirement.
So what does it involve? The key factors of retirement coaching are:
- Taking stock of your current situation
- Completing a self-assessment to help define your needs and what may require focus
- Understanding what motivates you, how you can make decisions and handle change
- Exploring and evaluating your lifestyle options
- Planning a strategy for the future and taking steps to achieve your objectives — your personal retirement plan
- Resolving issues and concerns
- Preparing to face your new life with confidence and purpose
How will retirement coaching benefit me? You will gain:
- FOCUS — time and space to focus on what’s important, creating a logical framework for making life decisions that are right for you
- AWARENESS — gaining an understanding of your strengths and weaknesses and recognising your own resources
- CLARITY — and vision, unravelling any confusion and uncertainty and identifying what you want
- CHANGE — resolving issues, realising obstacles can be overcome and being aware of the need to be adaptable
- GROWTH — acquiring confidence, ‘know-how’ and motivation to create and enriching and fulfilling new way of life